WELCOME TO CANTWELL-SACRED HEART OF MARY HIGH SCHOOL
Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary (CSHM) High School welcomes international students into our community. We have been welcoming international students to our campus since 1980. Recent international students have applied from China, Kenya, Mexico, Philippines,Thailand, Montenegro and Serbia.
What an International Student can expect
CSHM High School encourages international students to participate in all facets of school life. It is our philosophy that all students experience a well-rounded, rigorous and diverse curriculum, and challenge themselves to become young men and women of character. Engaging in service learning, student-run clubs, sports, and the arts provides our international students with a well rounded, full immersion experience. CSHM provides ESL classes, tutoring support and has on site support for students, guardians and parents.
International students receive outstanding support in the college admissions process. The international students' counselor works with students to choose the right university to meet their goals. Recent international students' have been accepted to UCLA, University of California, Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, Syracuse University, Penn State and many others.
A CSHM, we offer a college preparatory curriculum, with numerous AP and Honors courses. All international students are required to take the required courses, including religion, P.E and the arts.
BECOMING A CARDINAL
- CSHM will only accept international students applying for Freshman (9th), Sophomore (10th), or Junior (11th) grade level.
- CSHM does not accept transcripts with outstanding F's. All F's must be made up prior to being accepted.
- All of the following documents must be submitted for an application to be considered complete.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Completed Application Form (available online) Your application may be mailed/faxed/emailed or turned in manually at the Main Office at CSHM along with the $250 nonrefundable application fee.
- A copy of your immunization records in English.
- Three (3) Confidential Evaluation Forms to be completed by your current Principal, current Mathematics teacher and current English teacher. If you are not taking English, submit a form from a teacher of your choice. ALL recommendation letters MUST be on official school letterhead.
- Official High School Transcript: Your transcript must be properly translated into English and have an official school stamp. All grade levels must be numbered (9th, 10th, 11th) and have dates of attendance. Final/semester grades must be in English equivalent letter grades (“A, B, C, D, F”), and/or an equivalency scale must be provided. Specific level of Mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, etc.) on official translated transcript is preferable.
Students will be notified of acceptance through mail, phone or email by the Registrar. For International Admissions, English proficiency is preferred. The school provides an extra English course for students who require assistance.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ONLINE APPLICATION!
After acceptance, you will be sent a registration packet. All three documents need to be turned in and a $1600.00 nonrefundable registration fee paid to the main office.
- Emergency Information Form This form will be used by the school in case of an emergency involving your student.
- Parent Contract Form states that parents will perform the school mandated service hours or pay the fees for these hours.
- Technology User Agreement outlining the Archdiocese policies for technology use on campus.
Once the student is officially registered at CSHM the following information must be submitted to the Archdiocese to apply for an I-20 visa.
- Copy of Parent’s Financial Statement.
- Copy of Passport.
- Statement from parents designating student's guardianship/place of residence.
- Money order payment of $900.00 made out to the Department of Catholic Schools.
The I-20 will be mailed to the party designated on official forms. There is an additional $100 fee for international addresses.
Any questions regarding international admissions, please contact Gabby Ramos at (323) 887-2066, ext 527 or by email ([email protected]).